Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a weekend!

We told my parents last night! We used the doggie t-shirt again. Might as well get lots of use out of it, right? I think my mom kinda knew what was up because I kept asking if my dad was going to be home that night because we wanted to visit (his work schedule kept changing). When my dad called to tell me he was home, I told him that we were going to come over to show them a really cute shirt that I had bought for Gizmo. So we got in, Gizmo went straight to my dad, as always, and my dad read his shirt outloud. It was great! My dad was totally surprised. He said he'd been wondering when we were going to pop one out! We also gave them their little gifts: A onesie that reads "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" and a bib that says "If you think I'm cute, you should see my Grandpa." Then my mom went upstairs and surprised us with a little newborn onesie that says "Meet your new boss." LOL! Apparently they had bought it at a street fair they went to in July and figured they'd be able to give it to us eventually.

And today, I told two of my best friends. I called G yesterday and she called me back today (she lives 4 hours away). I lead with "Holy crap I can't believe my little brother is turning 21 tomorrow" and then after we talked about that for a little while I said "And guess what else? I'm pregnant!" She started screaming and saying OMG (she literally said OMG, not oh my God, gotta love her). She was totally not expecting it because she didn't know we were trying (I didn't want to tell everyone). She was so excited! It was definitely the reaction I was hoping for. I was a little nervous to tell her because she is in a totally different place in her life.

Telling G was really fun, so I decided to call K (who lives an hour away). She knew we were trying and I was afraid she would know exactly why I was calling, so right after she answered I said "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" She was soooo excited, but I knew she would be. She was telling me how she can't wait to go maternity/baby shopping with me. She does photography (and did videography at our wedding), so she told me that she wants to take the baby pictures. My sister-in-law is also a photographer, so we'll have plenty of photos between the two of them.

This is all so much fun! Next up, my brother tomorrow!

No comments: