Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Friday!!

Yay for the weekend!

Yesterday, we found out that James has to go to New Mexico for his job for almost a week. He's leaving on Monday :( I am sad and I will miss him, but at the same time, it might be nice to have some time to myself for a little while. I think this might be too much time though. After a day or two I'm sure I'll be ready for him to come home. Whenever he travels for work, I always worry about him. I'm a worry wart. I'm just glad that I already ovulated for the month. We should be done baby dancing by the time he leaves.

Jame and I are going to our local high school's (my alma mater) production of The Hobbit tonight along with my parents. I like going to these things. I mostly like musicals because I was into that kind of thing in high school, but I enjoy plays too.

I go to my old high school once a week to get homework for our students, and while I was there this week, I talked to my old choir director. Ever since I sang at my cousin's funeral on Monday I've been in singing withdrawl. It really made me realize how much I miss it. I asked said choir director what my options are and he recommended that I join a very popular community choir called Master Chorale. I just might. I am going to email my former voice instructor who is a member and ask about the auditioning process. I would prefer solo singing, but I'll take anything.

I was also thinking about contacting the church that my cousin's funeral was at and getting on some kind of list of singers that they call for funeral's and wedding and that kind of stuff. I figured it might be a good way to make some extra money doing something I love, especially when summer comes and I won't be working. I know the Priest at the funeral commented to my aunt that I was a "great vocalist." It's not my church, but I liked singing there because they have a choir loft (unlike my more modern church) and the congregation can't see you, so it helped my nerves. Also, they have an organ (also unlike my church) so it's easy to change keys if the song is too high or low. And the church has amazing acoustics, so it really is nice to sing there.

Well, it's something to think about at least.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: