Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Almost Turkey Day!

I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year for so many reasons. The number one reason being that I have SO much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband and family who would do anything for me, and I them. We have so many loved once that we get to spend the holidays with. We own a house and can pay our bills because we both have jobs (which we both love and are good at), which is more than a lot of people can say in this economy. We're having a baby (that still sounds amazing). I can't think of anything more we could ask for. I have to say, life is good. Also, we get out of school at 1pm on Wednesday and no school on Thursday or Friday (paid, baby!). Woohoo!

It was my brother's 21st birthday yesterday. Unfortunately, most of his friends are not 21 yet, so we started out at a restaurant and moved to the bars later. I stayed with him until 1:30 am when he was about ready to pass out and I dropped him off at his apartment. My parents are so glad that I was there to watch over him, and I'm glad I was there because then I knew he was safe. Must be that motherly instinct thing kicking in. He told his (almost) girlfriend and his best friend that he is going to be an uncle. He was so excited.

We gave my brother his gifts and a card from us. Then after he had opened everything, we said we had one more thing for him and gave him another card. It was a happy birthday uncle card. Inside, I wrote "Happy birthday Uncle D! I can't wait to meet you in July! Love your future niece/nephew." He just stared at it for a while and we were all waiting for a reaction, but he wasn't giving us one. I said "Do you get it?" And he was like, "Well, um..." And my mom said, "Happy birthday uncle? Do you get it?" And then he looked up at me and said "Really? You're... really?" I nodded and he got up and hugged me. He was so excited. It was so funny because once for April fools day (a long time ago before I was married), my dad told him that I was pregnant. He totally believed it and felt like an idiot when they said "April fools!" so he didn't believe us at first. LOL!

We've got our first OB appointment tomorrow! I am so excited because we get to talk about our baby! It is going to make it seem more real. I am, however, a little worried. I am afraid that they'll do a blood test and say, "Um... you're not pregnant" or that we'll find out it's ectopic or something else will go wrong. Although I doubt we'll really do anything except talk at this appointment. I don't think the heartbeat can be detected yet, so I'm pretty sure he wont do an ultrasound or anything. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: