Friday, November 21, 2008

I told James!



It felt so good to finally be able to tell someone. Here's how it all went down: (I c&p'd most of it from the Nest MM board)

His flight was delayed for about 45 minutes. Good thing I had been checking the flight status online or I would have been sitting there in the airport for a while. Once his flight finally came in around 10:15 PM, we went home and everything went as planned. The first thing he did when he walked into the house was let the dog out of his kennel. He fussed over him for a bit and said "What does your shirt say?" Then he read it out loud, "My mommy is pregnant and all I got was this t-shirt." Then he looked at me with this really excited and loving face and said "We are?!?!" I said yes, and of course, started crying. He dropped the dog and came over and hugged and kissed me for like 5 minutes. I had to tell him to not squeeze me so hard. Haha. It was a wonderful, cheesy, and perfect moment. Then I told him all about how I found out and who our doctor is, etc. He could not believe that I was able to keep it a secret for so long. He also said he was really surprised that I hadn't told my mom yet, but I am really glad that I told him first.

I hope telling everyone else will be as fun as telling James was. We talked a little about how and when we will announce it to our families. We're thinking that we'll do it over Thanksgiving. I know it's early in the pregnancy, but Christmas is still very much up in the air as to who we will see, but we will be seeing literally everyone for Thanksgiving. Plus, I am very close to my whole family (aunts, uncles, the whole shebang) so I don't think I could keep it from them. Plus, I'd want their support if something were to happen.

Here are those pictures that I told you all I'd post:
And I want to say thank you to all my MM ladies for helping me through those LONG three days while DH was gone. You guys are the best!

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is the best picture ever! I love that shirt!!!