Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have so many things to be thankful for! This day has been wonderful, and has really reminded me of all our wonderful blessings.

We told my mom's side of the family that we're pregnant today! I wasn't sure how to do it, so I figured we'd play it by ear. I told my mom she could do it unless someone really set me up. Well, I got set up, so I did it. At the dinner table, we started talking about stuffing our faces, and I said "Oh well, I have an excuse because I'm eating for two." My cousin got it first and said "Are you pregnant?!?" I nodded. Then my aunt looked at me like she thought I was joking. Then she said "Are you really?!" I said yes. Everyone was so excited! My two closest cousins said they were going to throw me a shower and all that good stuff. It was fun to see their reactions since I'm the first out of 6 cousins who have kids to do it on purpose.

Tomorrow we're going to SD to visit James' family. I can't wait to tell his parents. They're going to be so excited!! They love grandkids and can't get enough! I am letting James decide how to tell them, so we'll see what happens. I have a feeling he'll just say "We're pregnant!" or something along those lines, which is fine. His family doesn't appreciate the antics as much as mine does.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I bet it's so exciting to tell people your big news. It's great that Thanksgiving was just right around the corner. I think I would also have a hard time keeping it from family. Congrats!

Racole - aka "Rachel the heart patient"

Shannon said...

Hi Rachael! Just wanted to let you know that I'll be making my blog private as of Thursday morning. If you'd like to keep access to it, just let me know your e-mail address and I'll add you to my list. Thanks!
Shannon