Sunday, May 3, 2009

28 week update

Well, I'm 28 weeks pregnant! This is starting to feel very real. James and I were driving in the car the other day, and he randomly said to me, "Wow. I'm going to be somebody's dad." I know exactly how he feels. I mean, I've always had a mom and dad, but I've never been one before! Haha! It's an amazing feeling though. I can't possibly imagine what I'll be feeling the first time I get to see/hold my baby. I just know it will be amazing and I am SO looking forward to it.

We currently (finally) have a contractor working on the master bedroom right now. Finding someone to do it has been quite an ordeal. The first guy came to look at the room, told us he'd send us an estimate, and then never did. We waited three weeks for him after already getting a late start to even calling anyone. So on to the next guy. He came to see the room, then sent us an estimate about two weeks later. Then we called him to say that we wanted to hire him. He called back and told us that he had a project to finish and then was going on vacation, so he couldn't even tell us when he could start for three weeks. This guy came highly recommended, so we waited for him. Then, about a month later, he called and said that he still didn't know when he could start. When I asked him if he would be able to have it finished by the end of May, he said, "That's pushing it." It's not that big of a project. A month and a half should have been plenty of time to finish it. Anyway, he referred us to another guy who could maybe do it sooner. This third guy, Dick, came out to see the room the very next day, then came over to give us an estimate 4 days later. His estimate came in 15% cheaper than contractor #2's estimate and Dick said he could start on Monday (last week). Woohoo! So how he's been working on it all last week, and will probably have it finished by Wednesday. That means we could very well be painting this weekend! Then comes new trim and carpet and we can move in and start the nursery! At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now! I can't wait to have the nursery done so James can set up the furniture and I can start putting things away!

Yesterday was very productive, baby wise. I got a TON of maternity clothes from my mom's cousin's daughter-in-law. Since I'm plus sized, I didn't think I'd be getting any hand-me-down maternity clothes, but she just happens to be my size (on the top anyway, her pants were all too big for me), so I got 14 shirts from her! They're cute too! She also gave me two car seat covers, one for fall and one for winter, along with a bunch of tips on having a newborn. She also said we could borrow her bassinet if we decide to use one. We're not sure yet, but it's nice to know it's there if we need it! We also got some cute baby boy clothes at some garage sales, as well as a Diaper Champ. I'm glad we found teh Diaper Champ, because we weren't sure if we were going to use any type of diaper pail, but since it was only $5, I figured why not try it?

Our next doctor appointment is on May 20th, and it'll be a long one. We'll have our regular appointment, then I'll do my glucose test. I have to drink a soda and then just sit there for an hour doing nothing. Then they draw my blood and tell me whether or not I have gestational diabetes. At that appointment, I'll also have to have my RhoGAM shot since my blood is RH negative. I am not really looking forward to it. The only good thing will be hearing the monkey's heartbeat again. I do love hearing that little flutter!

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to update more often (more than every four weeks like it has been).

No comments: